The campaigns are finally over and the day for voting is here is the Kibra mini-poll.
The by-election is being held to find a replacement for the late MP Ken Okoth. 24 candidates are in the race to succeed him and the victorious one will be known later today.
There are 118,658 registered voters in Kibra constituency, Nairobi County as per the IEBC announcement on October 28th, 2019. The 118,658 spread thus: Laini Saba has 17,455 voters, Lindi 16,688, Makina 25,695, Woodley/ Kenyatta Golf Course 28,066 and Sarangombe 30,754.
These are the candidates that IEBC has cleared:
- Anaciet Dorn (DP),
- Martin Andati (Modern Alliance Party),
- Felix Anditi (Independent),
- Ibrahim Kimorko (Roots Party),
- Kassim Abdul (The New Democrats),
- Titus Mutinda (Republican Liberty Party),
- Fridah Kerubo (Independent),
- Khamisi Butichi (Ford Kenya),
- Mathew Musyoka (Independent),
- Jared Nyakundi (National Liberal Party),
- Elijah Nyamwamu (National Rainbow Coalition – Kenya),
- Editar Ochieng’ (Ukweli Party).
- Emmanuel Owiti (Green Congress),
- David Odanga (Independent),
- Isaac Ogongo (Justice and Freedom party),
- Fransco Ojiambo (Party of Democratic Unity),
- Shedrack Omondi (I),
- Benard Imran Okoth (ODM),
- Shem Ocharo (Munngano),
- Abraham Okoth (Independent),
- Eliud Owalo (ANC),
- Hamida Musa (United Green Movement),
- McDonald Mariga (Jubilee) and
- Noah Migudo (Independent).