Exiled lawyer Miguna Miguna has trashed a statement by the government confirming it will facilitate his entry into the country on Tuesday.
A press release issued on Monday by Director General of Immigration Services Alexander Muthesi indicated the State will facilitate Miguna’s return in compliance with court orders issued on December 14, 2018.
The exiled lawyer, however, dismissed the statement saying the government should comply with all courts orders issued, starting with the surrendering of his Kenyan passport which was confiscated by immigration officials prior to his deportation.
“Patriots, ignore the statement by Alexander Muteshi. It is their inept damage control after the High Court ORDERS today. Let the rogues comply with ALL the Court Orders issued today and the numerous ones issued in 2018. A good start would be their delivery of my Kenyan Passport,” Miguna posted.
In another tweet, the vocal lawyer said if the government was serious in complying with court orders, it could have already paid him Sh7 million that he was awarded by the High Court as compensation for his unlawful deportation to Canada.
“It is a distraction. And they would have paid the fines Justice Odunga issued against Fred Matiang’i, Joseph Boinett, George Kihalangwa, George Kinoti, Said Kiprotich and others. They would have delivered payment of all damages awarded, plus costs and accrued interests,” he tweeted.
In December 2018, the High Court awarded Miguna Sh7 million in damages for arbitrary deportation by the State earlier that year.
Judge Enoch Chacha Mwita said his deportation was unlawful and was in violation of his rights and the Constitution