Kenyan singer Ruth Matete has lost her husband just a few months after the two got married in a lovely wedding.
The news about his death was confirmed on Sunday, April 12, by the singer on her Facebook page who asked for prayers during the difficult time.
According to reports, the husband, pastor John Apewajoye, was working on fixing their gas cylinder which was not working at first.
He took it outside and tried to release some of the excess gas and returned it back to the house and tried to light it up leading to an explosion.
Apparently, when he released some of the excess gas, most of it was absorbed by clothes hanging on the lines which caught fire and accidentally got to him.
Ruth and the neighbours were able to put out the fire and he was taken to the hospital where he was admitted to the ICU.
It is said that Ruth had asked for friends to help out in fundraising for her husband’s hospital bills which were rising by the day.
The singer had been told that John was out of danger and would heal slowly but things turned for the worst when he died just a few days after getting out of ICU.