Residents of Kimunyu Village, Gatundu South are in mourning after an 8-year-old girl passed away after she was allegedly electrocuted after touching a light pole with an exposed live wire.
Her lifeless body was discovered in the wee hours of the morning by passers-by.
She had suffered burns on one hand consistent with electrocution and is believed to have touched a live wire on the light post.
Gatundu South Police Post OCPD Sylvester Githu confirmed the incident, saying a post-mortem will reveal the cause of death and help in the conclusion of the probe into the incident.
Her body was moved to the Gatundu Level 5 Hospital Mortuary on Friday afternoon.