The Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company has announced that a number of estates in the city are set to experience water shortage from Wednesday, February 3, 2021.
The water pumps, which are located in Kabete, are being upgraded to enable them to pump an additional 25 million liters of water a day.
The additional water will be supplied to
• Kawangware and
• Unthiru amongst other estates in Nairobi.
The residential areas along Naivasha road – •Riruta,
• Dagoretti Corner and
• Ngando – will be affected during the one-day water shortage.
Ngong’ road areas to be affected include;
• City Mortuary,
• Kenyatta National hospital,
• Nairobi Hospital,
• Coptic Hospiital
• State House,
• Département of Defense Headquarters,
• Forces Memorial hospital,
• Golf Course Estate,
• Kenyatta Market,
• Karen and
• Gitanga Roand among others.
According to Nairobi Water,
• Langata Estate,
• Langat Barracks,
• St. Mary’s Hospital,
• Strathmore University and
• Wilson Airport will also be affected.
Wayiaki Way areas such as the
• University of Nairobi Main Campus residents,
• Parklands Campus,
• Mountain View and
• Kangemi will also experience the shortage.