Police in Meru are searching for a man who choked his wife to death.
The man, who neighbours only identified as Denis, is said to have killed his wife Nkamba, a Tanzanian native, by inserting a cooking stick into her throat.
Denis is alleged to have committed the heinous act on Wednesday night and covered his tracks by playing loud music.
Confirming the incident, Imenti North Sub-county police commander Laban Omol said Denis fled the scene.
According to her landlady’s daughter, Wanja Faith, attempts by locals and the police to dislodge the stick from the mother of two’s throat failed.
“The noisy radio was in full volume the whole night. She had back problems but was always lively and friendly. The police and some youths tried in vain to remove the mwiko from her throat,” said Wanja.
Wanja said the two had been living together for the last four years in a rented house in Bosnia, Gitimbine, Meru town.
Limbu Mahereja, a Tanzanian national who resides in Gitimbine, condemned the act.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!
Denis used to push his wife, who had a physical disability, on a wheelchair when begging in Meru town each morning and they would return home at around 6pm.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday