In the last 24 hours, Kenya recorded 589 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the country’s case load to 173,661.
The cases were from a sample size of 4,995 bringing the country’s positivity rate to 11.8 per cent.
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe confirmed the total number of tests done now stands at 1,845,884.
19 more patients succumbed to the virus with the total fatalities rising to 3,345.
In the meantime, 312 patients have recovered from the disease, and the country’s recoveries now stands at 118,933.
A total of 994 patients are currently admitted in various health care facilities countrywide while 5,049 patients are under the home care and isolation programme.
114 patients are in ICU, 29 of whom are on ventilator support and 95 are on supplementary oxygen.
Kagwe noted that a total of 1,030,445 Kenyans have been vaccinated countrywide.
Out of this, 50,490 people have received their second doses of the vaccine.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday