Former Kenyan ambassador to the United States Denis Afande has passed away. Afande, who served as Kenya’s representative in Washington in the 1990s, died on Sunday.
The deceased served as the Chairman of the Association of Former Ambassadors.
Through Facebook on Monday, ANC party leader Musalia Mudavadi eulogized Afande as a distinguished career diplomat.
“I am saddened by the demise of Ambassador Denis Afande, a distinguished career diplomat & one time the Country’s Chief of Protocol,” Mudavadi wrote.
“He also served in Washington DC as the Kenyan Ambassador to the US in the early 1990s. May the Lord give his family strength during this time,” Mudavadi added.
Kenyans on social media mourned him as a simple, honest, and hospitable person.
“Rest In Peace ambassador Dennis Afande. Arguably the best Ambassador Kenya ever had in the US. Simple and honest. His house was open to any Kenyan. His office was open and he had time for all. We truly have lost a legend,” Zachary Koga said.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday