Isn’t it weird that Google’s game streaming service isn’t available on one of its platforms that is meant for easy access in the home?
Well, that changes on June 23rd when, for the first time, select Android TV users will be able to experience Google Stadia on their Android TV devices.
According to Google, these are the Android TV-based devices that will be able to run Stadia initially:
- Hisense U7G, U8G, and U9G TVs
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Nvidia Shield TV Pro
- Philips 8215, 8505, and OLED 935/805 Series Android TVs
- Xiaomi Mi Box 3 and Mi Box 4
As for the many Android TV-based devices that aren’t initially supported, this is what Google has to say regarding them:
“As for Android TV OS devices not on this list, you can opt into experimental support to play Stadia. While this feature is still in development and not every Android TV OS device will work perfectly, you can now try out Stadia and play your favorite games on more screens than ever before.
To get started, install the Stadia app from the Play Store, launch it from the “My Apps” row on your TV, and press “Continue” at the opt-in screen.”
So, as you can see from the above statement, even for Android TV devices not listed above, not all is lost. Users can still access Stadia even though the experience may not be as fulfilling as the devices where the same has been tested and deemed to be ready for prime time.
The Xiaomi Mi Box devices, which have been available locally for the past few years (check out our review of the Mi Box 3) should be the easiest way for most Kenyans wishing to experience Stadia to do so – even though the platform remains inaccessible locally, at least on an official basis.
The Stadia controller and other compatible Bluetooth controllers can be used during gameplay on Stadia on Android TV.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday