The government has set aside Ksh. 3 Billion for the Kazi Mtaani project launched last year to cushion the youth against the ravages of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Ksh. 3 Billion set aside for the youth is under the economic stimulus programme that has received an allocation of Ksh. 23.1 Billion in the 2021-2022 Financial Budget.
Treasury CS Ukur Yatani stated that the Kazi Mtaani Project has so far seen the creation of over 100,000 jobs for the youth since its creation.
“We have in this regard set aside Ksh. 23.1 Billion in the financial 2021/2022 budget I proposes reintroduction of excise duty on betting at the rate of 20%,” he said.
Also allocated for the youth are Ksh. 10 Billion for NYS, 420 Million for Youth Enterprise Fund and Ksh. 120 Million for Women Enterprise Fund.
The Nairobi Metropolitan Services has also received an allocation of Ksh. 27 Billion to facilitate the transfer of functions.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2022.12.02Rogue Lesedi Developers Ordered To Refund Sh1.5m For Defrauding Client
- News2022.12.02‘Academic Fire’ Leaves Student Seriously Injured in Nyahururu
- News2022.12.01WATCH: Thrilling Performance By Kenyan Acrobats Excites Pope Francis
- News2022.12.01Senator Edwin Sifuna: Why Kenyans Should Not Be Afraid of Defaulting On Hustler Fund Loan