A prisoner who escaped from the hands of the police in Nakuru has been re-arrested.
K24 Digital has established that the suspect Francis Mwangi, who escaped after breaking a handcuff and harming two officers, was arrested on Friday evening.
The murder suspect was rescued by the police from a mob injustice within Nakuru town.
By the time of the arrest, he was dressed in jeans, a red jacket and open shoes.
In the wee hours of Friday morning, the suspect managed to flee the six officers and a trained police dog from K9 as he was being escorted to PGH hospital.
“Mwangi was being escorted after he was subjected to mob injustice and was seriously injured on the head, chest and swollen hands,” a police report seen by K24 Digital reads in part.
The suspect in the process became violent and wrestled the two officers who were keeping an eye on him.
The driver heard the commotion and stopped to find out what was taking place.
It later emerged that the suspect had already broken the handcuffs and disappeared into a nearby bush.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?