Kenya has lifted travel restrictions imposed on travellers from United Kingdom—the lifting of the ban on passenger flights between Nairobi and London takes effect immediately.
A statement from the Foreign Affairs ministry also stated that COVID -19 restrictions for passengers and crew have equally been revised.
All passengers and crew irrespective of their nationality and residency coming to Kenya from the United Kingdom, irrespective of their route of travel to Kenya will be required to be in possession of a valid COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate conducted within 96 hours before travel.
Likewise those entering Kenya from the UK will be required to self isolate for 7 days upon arrival and take a PCR test four days after arrival.
Kenya banned flights from the UK, effective April 9 in retaliation to a move by the UK to add the country on its travel ‘red list’.
The UK government, in a statement posted on its website on had said: “From 4am on Friday 9 April, international visitors who have departed from or transited through Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya and Bangladesh in the previous 10 days will be refused entry into England.”
“Only British and Irish citizens, or those with residence rights in the UK (including long-term visa holders), will be allowed to enter and they must stay in a government-approved quarantine facility for 10 days.”
The statement further added: “They will also be required to arrive into a designated port. No direct flight bans from these countries will be put in place, but passengers are advised to check their travel plans before departing for England.”
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: CAS Rachel Shebesh and athlete Asbel Kiprop share their mental health journeys
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2022.12.02Rogue Lesedi Developers Ordered To Refund Sh1.5m For Defrauding Client
- News2022.12.02‘Academic Fire’ Leaves Student Seriously Injured in Nyahururu
- News2022.12.01WATCH: Thrilling Performance By Kenyan Acrobats Excites Pope Francis
- News2022.12.01Senator Edwin Sifuna: Why Kenyans Should Not Be Afraid of Defaulting On Hustler Fund Loan