An officer attached to the National Intelligence Service (NIS) was Monday arraigned and charged with criminal offences among them being in possession of bhang.
According to the charge sheet, the accused; Simon Wanjau Mwaura, was on June 10 this year at Lakeview Estate in Iten township, Elgeyo Marakwet County found in possession of six rolls of cannabis sativa valued at Ksh.120.
The 37-years-old officer was also charged with obtaining money by false pretence.
It is alleged that on November 23, 2018 at Transami Area along Airport North Road with intent to defraud he obtained Ksh.350,000 from Sammy Kipserem by falsely pretending he was in a position to take his son to Australia for further studies a fact he knew to be false.
Appearing before magistrate Jane Kamau, the officer pleaded not guilty and was granted a cash bail of Ksh.300,000.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: CAS Rachel Shebesh and athlete Asbel Kiprop share their mental health journeys
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2022.12.02Rogue Lesedi Developers Ordered To Refund Sh1.5m For Defrauding Client
- News2022.12.02‘Academic Fire’ Leaves Student Seriously Injured in Nyahururu
- News2022.12.01WATCH: Thrilling Performance By Kenyan Acrobats Excites Pope Francis
- News2022.12.01Senator Edwin Sifuna: Why Kenyans Should Not Be Afraid of Defaulting On Hustler Fund Loan