Former Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo is dead.
His death was confirmed by ODM director of communications, Philip Etale.
“Hon. Jakoyo Midiwo has rested. Please pray for the family during this difficult moment,” Etale tweeted on Monday.
The cause of death is yet to be revealed.
Midiwo served as Gem MP from 2007 to 2017 when he lost to current MP Elisha Odhiambo.
The ODM party in a statement said it has lost a defender of the party, who never shied away from speaking the truth.
“Sad day for our party. We have just lost a gallant son of the soil, a founder member of the Change Movement & a three time Member of Parliament for Gem Hon. Jakoyo Midiwo… To the family, we say pole sana,” ODM said.
Leaders from the ODM party including; Kakamega Governor Wycliffe Oparanya who is also ODM deputy party leader described Midiwo as an astute, progressive and transformative leader.
Oparanya added that he was an independent minded person who served his people with utmost humility, dedication and selflessness and his death is a big blow to the country.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?