In the latest efforts to boost image, Standard Media Group have recently rebranded their popular 24-hour television channel, KTN News.
The announcement made on Monday 29, November 2021, quickly became a trending topic on social media as netizens took turns to share their opinion on the new changes that include a modernized newsroom and a revamped logo.
“Welcome to our brand new logo, How do you like us?” they teased on Twitter.
It was the new logo that particularly caught the attention of many Kenyans who felt it looked too familiar.
Soon enough, the puzzle as to why the station’s new shade of red and white did not feel too original was solved.
From images seen by kenyanbulletin.com, the new KTN News logo looks comparable to an old Sky News emblem save for a few minor alterations in design.
With the dreaded “Twitter Detectives” always on high alert, this certainly did not go unnoticed.
They made sure to troll the company to shame.
“Clearly Sky News was the muse,” wrote one tweep.
“Someone was paid for this plagiarism?” another asked.
In one interesting comment, a netizen set the blame on the designer that was hired to fix the logo.
“Mtu wa logo aliwagonga,” he replied under their post,
According to a different tweep’s opinion, the changes at the TV station are of little significant value.
“It’s only change of forest, monkeys are the same,” he wrote.
The new logo for KTN News is part of Standard’s recent move to rebrand some of its key products.
It began earlier this year with a fresh-looking newspaper and a transformation of their Digital news platforms.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday