Turkana Governor Josephat Nanok has responded to circulating reports of his exit from William Ruto’s Hustler Nation.
Speaking through social media on Saturday afternoon, the former loyal lieutenant to ODM Party Leader Raila Odinga strongly dismissed the claims as rumours purposefully manufactured to mislead the public.
Affirming his support for the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party in the forthcoming elections, Nanok made it clear that his fallout with the former Prime Minister is irreconcilable.
“I defected from ODM to the hustler nation where I shall remain till we win the August 2022 contest,” he wrote to his followers.
Nanok further blamed bloggers associated with Raila’s “Azimio La Umoja” movement for spreading the malicious lies out of desperation.
“Desperation by ODM/Azimio bloggers is making them spew lies. Shame on them,” read one part of his tweet.
Nanok who is serving his last term as the Turkana governor ditched Raila in 2019 following his removal as ODM national vice-chairman due to his declared intent “not to be outside government”.
In a move to tame rebellion within the party, the governor was immediately replaced by a legislator from his own county, Loima MP Jeremiah Lomorukai in a ceremony where Raila was the chief guest.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?