Residents of Murang’a witnessed a bizarre incident on Monday after a serial rapist who had escaped from lawful custody was dramatically re-arrested.
The 20-year-old suspect identified as Andrew Ngugi Wairimu alias Makai, had been arrested in June 2021 for gang rape and two separate defilement charges which are pending before Kigumo Law courts.
According to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), sleuths nabbed the wanted man at Border area in Maragua town after getting wind of his whereabouts.
However, the machete-wielding suspect resisted arrest and attempted to flee forcing a detective to shoot him on his left buttock.
“Determined to bring the rape suspect to justice, one of the officers engaged in the operation employed reasonable force and shot him on the left buttock, bringing an end to Makai’s 6 months of temporary freedom,” the DCI wrote in a statement.
Makai is currently receiving treatment at Maragua Sub-County hospital and is in stable condition.
A sentry has similarly been assigned to his room to keep an eye on the suspect in the event he decides to flee again.
The suspect will be arraigned in court as soon as he is discharged from the hospital.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?