With the rapid change in doing business especially with the ease access of to the internet, most businesses are going digital so that clients can access businesses just from the comfort of their homes.
Nowadays, you do not need to go out looking for anything you need because with just a click on your phone, everything can be accessed.
In this regard, commercial sex workers based in Nyeri have sent the mostly quiet town into a frenzy after news of their plans to go digital by developing a mobile phone application.
According to one, Margaret Wamukuria, a sex worker’s defender in the town, the over 2,500 sex workers using the app named “Wateja Mkononi” will help in boosting their business and making a strong online presence.
The group which works under an organized umbrella dubbed “Destiny Women Volunteers” has assured users of the app of a high level of personal security.
“We have also ensured that the members strictly adhere to the policy of work only and do not engage in fishy activities like spiking clients drinks,” she noted.
Unlike in many other towns, the ladies also enjoy an exclusive deal with local authorities which prevents the occurrence of unnecessary arrests when practising their craft.
“In Nyeri, we have an elaborate plan with the security apparatus where we ensure that there are no arbitrary arrests of our members,” she added.
Wamukuria went on to add that she does her work with passion and dedication since she too was once a sex worker before getting married.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?