Controversial businesswoman Mary Wambui has been re-arrested.
The shadowy billionaire linked to Deputy President William Ruto was apprehended by detectives on Wednesday for reportedly being in possession of an unregistered firearm.
According to circulating media reports, Wambui was nabbed and briefly questioned by the sleuths after which she was detained at the Muthaiga Police Station.
The director of Purma holdings limited is set to be arraigned in court on Thursday.
Wambui was previously arrested, arraigned and released on a Sh50 million bond in December 2021 for pleading not guilty to charges of alleged tax evasion at her company amounting to Ksh.2.2 billion.
Following her release, the Firearms Licensing Board gave her an ultimatum to surrender her pistol.
Through a demand letter, they claimed that Wambui’s licence to carry the weapon had expired.
The next day, she surrendered the CZ 75 semi-automatic pistol to Runda Police Station.
At the time, Wambui insisted that she was in the process of renewing her licence but found the board’s offices closed on the day she was to do it.
Details on the expiry of her license came into the public limelight after detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) raided her Weston Hotel room.
The hotel which belongs to Deputy President William Ruto had concealed her presence as police sought to arrest her.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?