The wife of Geoffrey Otieno Okuto, the killer bodyguard to Public Service Cabinet Secretary (CS) Aisha Jumwa is dead.
Mr Okuto’s wife reportedly committed suicide on Monday, November 7, under unclear circumstances.
The new development comes after Jumwa wrote to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) seeking to withdraw herself from the murder case in which she was charged alongside Mr Okuto for killing one Ngumbao Jola in 2019 after chaos erupted during the Ganda Ward by-elections.
If DPP Haji and the court approves her request, she will testify against her bodyguard, who was once rumoured to be her estranged lover.
Geoffrey Okuto Otieno – a dark, well-built fellow – is not new to controversy.
Over the years, he has found himself in trouble with the law over incidents involving what police call “misuse” of firearms.
In 2019, Okuto was arrested for attempted suicide after Jumwa allegedly dumped him for another man and transferred Shs 10m from their joint account to her personal account.
Jumwa ended the relationship shortly after joining President William Ruto’s UDA camp.
The tough-talking former MP is reported to have been in a two-year relationship with Okuto before she left him.
Prior to his close relationship with Jumwa, he served as Kidero’s driver and personal assistant during his tenure as Nairobi governor.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2022.12.02Rogue Lesedi Developers Ordered To Refund Sh1.5m For Defrauding Client
- News2022.12.02‘Academic Fire’ Leaves Student Seriously Injured in Nyahururu
- News2022.12.01WATCH: Thrilling Performance By Kenyan Acrobats Excites Pope Francis
- News2022.12.01Senator Edwin Sifuna: Why Kenyans Should Not Be Afraid of Defaulting On Hustler Fund Loan