The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) has been lauded for the successful completion of the Kwa Kadzengo – Kilifi road project.
The road which is part of the Malindi – Lunga Lunga/Horohoro – Tanga – Bagamoyo East African Coastal Road Corridor was officially launched over the weekend during a groundbreaking ceremony attended by President William Ruto.
Also in attendance were Cabinet Secretary (CS) for Roads and Transport Kipchumba Murkomen and KeNHA Director General Engineer Kungu Ndungu.
According to KeNHA, the project that runs through Mtwapa town, Kadzengo to Kilifi Bridge will reduce traffic, and enhance connectivity and safety of pedestrians since it will include a 10-kilometer footpath and 6 footbridges.
Engineer Kungu Ndungu noted that the highway will also be extended to the Tanzania border to foster trade between the two countries as part of uniting the East African Community (EAC) economic region.
The construction was financed by the Government of Kenya, ADB-ADF and the EU-Africa Infrastructure Trust Fund Grant.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2022.12.02Rogue Lesedi Developers Ordered To Refund Sh1.5m For Defrauding Client
- News2022.12.02‘Academic Fire’ Leaves Student Seriously Injured in Nyahururu
- News2022.12.01WATCH: Thrilling Performance By Kenyan Acrobats Excites Pope Francis
- News2022.12.01Senator Edwin Sifuna: Why Kenyans Should Not Be Afraid of Defaulting On Hustler Fund Loan