Former interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiangi is expected to record statements with the police.
The embattle former CS escaped arrest after the police failed to gain access to his Karen resident.
His lawyers led by Danstan Omari have warned the police of humiliating the former CS. Police is yet to make it clear why they want arrest him.
“We don’t know where they want to arrest him and take him to. We don’t know what offence he has committed. Our client is ready to be summoned to go and appear before any police station and record a statement if they have anything to charge him with. My client is holed up as if he is a fugitive in his own country. This is a former minister in charge of the security. This is a former minister in charge of the police. Civility must be retained. We can’t have a rogue government that comes at the midnight to arrest the former CS.’’ Omari told the media.
Azimio la Umoja – One Kenya coalition leader Raila Odinga his shock on the raid describing it as violation of peoples’ right.
“I’ve just received information that police have surrounded the home of former Interior CS Fred Matiang’i and I was shocked to hear that this is happening at this hour of the day. We are now witnessing what this country has gone through before; the times of late-night arrests and detentions of people without any formal charges.’’ Raila said
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday