The Directorate of Criminal Investigations has rubbished claims that the former CS Fred Mating’i’s home was raided on the night of Wednesday, February 8th.
A statement made by the DCI revealed that Matiang’i conspired with several leaders from Azimio to stage-manage the raid with the aim to course fear.
The DCI said its investigations had revealed that the activities of Matiang’i’s home began at around 8pm the previous night as he told the guards that he was expecting guests, among them lawyers, at his home .
The lawyers went for a meeting upon arrival, and they were soon joined by Raila Odinga and politicians after which they held a press conference moments later.
“At around 9:30 pm,Mr Odinga and the team left the home to go and join the lawyers in the press conference . Dr Matiang’i then informed the guards that police would be arriving accompanied by the media to arrest him and instructed them to grant the police access but to deny the media,”The DCI said.
The DCI claimed that Raila’s communication team alerted newsroom that the former CS’s house was surrounded by an elite squad of police.
The question is; Who is fooling who?
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday