Former CS Fred Matiang’i has fired back at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) for raiding his Karen residence on Wednesday.
His legal team is expected to file a contempt of court application against DCI for forcefully breaking into his home.
The police were looking for the CCTV footage to confirm his earlier allegations of a home raid on 14th February.
DCI Mohamed Amin said they obtained a search order to get CCTV recordings from the home of the former Interior CS Matiang’i to establish the facts surrounding the earlier alleged raid.
However, Matiangi’s lawyers denied this claim arguing that the raid was conducted without a search warrant .
While commenting on the raid, lawyer Danstan Omari said that the officers made a forceful entry into the premises of the former security boss that served under the regime of former President Uhuru Kenyatta.
“We were alerted that they (police) have arrested the watchman and broke the main gate. They gained access and ransacked the CS house,” he said, “this is unacceptable.”
Fred Matiang’i’s watchman locked out for hours by seemingly agitated and vengeful Multi-agency Elite Police Unit while executing CCTV Search Orders under the New DCI Boss Amin Mohamed Ibrahim. CS Matiangi will emerge victorious. Sasa huyu Hustler aliwakosea wapi? SHUALLY! pic.twitter.com/U9lpk53Eyi
— Karen Wanjiku HSC (@WanjikuHSC) February 15, 2023
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday