Former Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i,yesterday was grilled for a couple of hours by Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Former president Uhuru Kenyatta intervened to save Matiangi who ultimately secured his freedom.
Uhuru had resolved to fly to Nairobi from Mombasa to stand in solidarity with Matiang’i.
The former CS had a long day with the DCI investigators who were probing the claims that his house was raided last month.
Uhuru’s confidantes confided in Taifa Leo that the former president was irked by the decision of the officers at the DCI headquarters to bar ODM leader Raila Odinga from entering.
“It is true that the former head of state had threatened to fly to the DCI headquarters to secure Fred Matiang’i’s release,” said Uhuru’s ally who sought anonymity.
Matiang’i was however released an hour after Raila’s arrival.
Matiang’i would face two counts namely; conspiracy to commit a felony and publication of false information.
The counts, according to the prosecution, contravened section 317 of the penal code and section 23 of the computer misuse and cybercrimes act number five of 2018, respectively.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday