Police have today nabbed 26,000 litres of Kangaraa and 2000 litres of Changaa’ following an operation that was conducted today morning in Bondeni Mathare slums.
20 People were also arrested during the operation that attracted protest by the locals.
Aggrieved youths protested against the operation saying the brew was their source of income.
‘‘It’s unacceptable .. if we steal they kill us today they have stormed where we get our daily bread and destroyed everything,’’ affected brewers lamented.
Meanwhile Starehe Sub County Commander Julius Kiragu has applauded his officers for a job well done promising a stern action against those who have been arrested.
‘‘We had a big operation in Mathare just to eradicate illicit brew and we have managed to nab 26,000 litres of Kangara contained in 129 drums, we have also disposed more than 2000 litres of chang’aa and 140 litres of molasses,’’ Kiragu told Ghetto Radio News.
‘‘The operation was successful and there were no leakages and I must assure you that we will continue but for now we can’t disclose when we will be back,’’ he added.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?