Drama ensued between Jubilee and United Democratic Alliance (UDA) supporters in Kiambaa.
The two antagonistic camps came face to face while campaigning for their candidates on Sunday.
Tensions were high when the two groups met yesterday by the roadside .
They started engaging in a shouting contest with UDA supporters blocking the convoy of the Jubilee candidate.
Nyeri Town MP Ngunjiri Wambugu tried to salvage the situation but he was almost roughed up by the charged UDA supporters.
The UDA securities had to intervene to protect the MP from being attacked.
The Jubilee Candidate John Njuguna also tried to address the crowd but he was shouted down with
“Chama ni UDA, Ruto! Ruto! Ruto!”
The Jubilee flag bearer later sneaked out from the crowd which had carried Wheelbarrows.
The Kiambaa parliamentary seat fell vacant following the death of Paul Koinange of Jubilee party in March.
The Kiambaa seat serves as a crucial seat for President Uhuru Kenyatta’s Jubilee party who faced humiliating defeats in Juja and Ruurii by-elections last month.
The contest is set to determine who has an edge in the Mount Kenya votes between President’s Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto.
Being Mr. Kenyatta’s backyard, the Jubilee party are doing the best they can to ensure they walk away with victory.
We had a strategy meeting on Thursday and agreed on a campaign programme for Kiambaa. Most of the Jubilee MPs will camp in their starting Saturday
Nyeri Town MP Ngunjiri Wambugu said
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- News2023.01.30How Standard Group Editor In Chief Ochieng Rapuro Escaped From Fake Rape Accusations
- News2023.01.26New Bill to Allow Govt’ to Sell Parastatals Without Parliament Approval
- News2023.01.16Anerlisa Muigai Tells Off Ex-Hubby Ben Pol in Ugly Spat
- News2023.01.07Adil Khawaja: Will a New Broom Sweep Cleaner at Safaricom?