Security officers assigned to Deputy President William Ruto’s residences have come out to express a number of concerns regarding their stay at Karen and Sugoi.
In a letter seen by kenyanbulletin.com, the group which is mainly drawn from the Administration Police (AP) department claims that they have not been receiving adequate food nor meal allowances to enable them effectively discharge their 24-hour duties.
Additionally, the officers have complained about the lack of freedom to move outside the residence to buy their own food supplies.
These are privileges that their predecessors drawn from the paramilitary General Service Unit (GSU) previously enjoyed.
“This is to bring to your attention that the above officers have not been consistently provided with food rations or meal allowances to enable them to discharge their mandate effectively and efficiently,” reads part of the letter.
“They are deployed there permanently for day/night duties and cannot move out to get food supplies,” it adds.
They now want the government to ensure that the same benefits are accorded to them.
The “confidential” document dated 11th November 2021 was addressed to the Principal Administrative Secretary in the office of the Deputy President, Mr Abdul Mwassera.
Mr Mwassera is yet to issue a comment on the matter.
Read the full letter below.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday