Hours after Sports CS Amina Mohamed disbanded Football Kenya Federation (FKF) and set up a caretaker committee to run the country’s football, a heavy contingent of law enforcement officers is now currently camped at the Kandanda House headquarters.
The group of over 15 policemen under the direction of Nairobi OCPD have ordered all FKF workers to leave the grounds and allow them to take over as they prepare tomorrow’s installation of the appointed Caretaker Committee.
Sources who spoke to kenyanbulletin.com say that with the area now secured, Kandanda House will be treated as a crime scene going forward.
This means that Nick Mwendwa and his fellow graft suspects will be completely locked out from setting foot in the vicinity.
Below are some images of the current scenes outside Kandanda House.
In her press release on Thursday, 11 November 2021, Amina said that she disbanded FKF after its officials failed to account for the funds it has been receiving from the government.
She announced a committee of twenty-seven members who will be in charge of the country’s football until a new body is formed by the ministry.
The committee members included retired Justice Aaron Ringera, retired General Moses Oyugi, Fatma Adan, Philip Musyimi Mue, Anthony L. Isayi, J.J Masinga, Bobby Ogola.
Other committee members are Richard Omwela, Titus Kasuve, Ali Amuor, Neddy Atieno Okoth, Mwangi Muthee, Fredrick Tureisa Lekesike, Hassan Mahmoud Haji and Elish Chepchieng Kiplagat.
This group of individuals will be headed by KTN news anchor Linda Ogutu who will be the head of the committee’s secretariat.
- I am a young Kenyan interested in new media and dissemination of news and information as it unfolds.
- Uncategorized2023.03.20CS Murkomen Summoned to Court Over failure to Construct public toilets on highways
- News2023.03.20Kisumu Protesters Overpower Police Force
- News2023.03.20Gachagua Pleads With Raila to Call off Protest
- News2023.03.19Andrew Kibe calls on Azimio Coalition politicians to bring their kids on Monday