The spokesperson of the UDA Party Mr Denis Ole Itumbi claims that the Inspector General of Police Hillary Mutyambai has bribed the family of a boda oda rider that his (Mutyambai’s) son killed.
“Met a bodaboda rider who happens to be a friend to one of those who were killed by IG son & he said the family of the deceased were offered 200k & promised that the widow who is a mother of one was promised to be employed to NPS. The burial is today!” Ole Itumbi posted claiming the post was sent to his inbox.
On the 5th December 2021, David Mwendwa, who is the son of Hillary Mutyambai reportedly caused an accient that claimed the lives of bodaboda rider Stephen Musyoka and his passenger.
He (Mutyambai’s son) is out on Sh20,000 cash bail as police investigate the incident along Southern Bypass in Nairobi.
Questions emerged over the manner in which the police handled the matter after it turned out the incident had not been booked on the Occurrence Book as is tradition with traffic accidents.
Nairobi county traffic boss Joshua Omukata had revealed then that police did not find the driver at the scene.
There are other incidents where the drivers who were charged with dangerous driving walked Scott-free.
The case of Safaricom’s Chief Customer Officer Sylvia Mulinge and NTSA deputy director of legal service Mr Robert Ndegwa Ngugi were charged with causing death by dangerous driving, but their cases have stalled.
- How Safaricom’s Sylvia Mulinge murdered a young Mary Etale in Kibera and later tried to bribe her family with Ksh. 950k
- Drunk Driver: NTSA Director Robert Ngugi charged for killing rider
- Politics2023.03.14Ruto surrounds himself with the worst from Luo Nyanza
- News2023.02.01“Steve Ogolla, Lawyer who was conned Sh500k was looking for cheap publicity,” Azimio supporters say of Chebukati’s demand letter to Raila Odinga
- Business2023.01.31Bliss Healthcare appoints Dr. Denis Ogolla the New Chief Operating Officer
- News2023.01.30Njeri Thorne Baby daddy Joseph Sitati sacked by KenGen