Power producer KenGen and Kenyan Government expects to increase the installed power capacity from 2,298 MW to 17,764 MW by the year 2030.
The estimates from KenGen aims to meet the Kenyan power demand, now estimated at 8% per year.
Generation from geothermal resources is expected to take a leading role in this initiative. Pursuant to this, the Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC (KenGen), together with the Government of Kenya, plans to increase geothermal power capacity to 1260 MW by the year 2022.
Additionally, KenGen is pursuing a diversification strategy of geothermal drilling and consultancy services, and development of an energy park, amongst others.
To achieve this target, the KenGen would wish to engage five international expert and one local geothermal expert in the Board of Consultants.
KenGen seeking: “Expression of Interest (EOI) for Recruitment of Members of Geothermal Board of Consultants”. Tender Number : KGN-GDD-07-2021
Scope of Services
The expert will advise the company on scientific, engineering and project management aspects of geothermal development activities and power plant operations for a period of four (4) years subject to annual renewal.
- Independently evaluate any fresh and existing geoscientific and engineering data;
- Review and interpret geoscientific and engineering results and reports.
- Review and recommend geothermal resource development processes and practices
- Participate in preparing conceptual models for the geothermal fields development
- Participate in at least bi-annual video conference meetings
- The person should have an academic degree /expertise from a recognized University.
- Professional experience in a broad variety of geographic settings and countries, including developing countries.
- She/he should have no direct or indirect interest in contracts being tendered by KenGen, or in organizations performing work or proposing to work for KenGen.
Interested individuals should provide specific information as indicated below:
Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC;
a) General qualifications, certification and Evidence of individual’s experience in geothermal related fields (at least 20 years)
b) Work plan and methodology including contingency plan
c) Consultancy Experience in the region
d) Evidence of registration as expert.
e) Evidence of transfer of knowledge capability
f) Evidence of three major clients references
g) Disclosure of current litigation, if any.
For the full release see the tender notice (pdf).