Home » Nairobi Central OCS Dishon Angoya Released After Arrest Over Protest Suspects
Updates

Nairobi Central OCS Dishon Angoya Released After Arrest Over Protest Suspects

Nairobi Central OCS Dishon Angoya Released After Arrest Over Protest Suspects
Nairobi Central OCS Dishon Angoya

Nairobi Central Police Station OCS Dishon Angoya has been released, hours after police arrested him over the release of 64 suspects linked to Monday’s fuel protest demonstrations.

Dishon Angoya’s lawyer confirmed his release on Tuesday evening at Lang’ata Hospital, where he had been receiving treatment after reportedly developing health complications following his arrest.

Eric Muriuki and Titus Makhanu said legal teams, human rights defenders, and online activists pushed for his freedom throughout the day. They argued that Dishon Angoya acted within the law when he released the suspects on police bond.

The arrest sparked sharp reactions online, with many Kenyans questioning why authorities targeted the officer. Activist Boniface Mwangi and the Law Society of Kenya also called for his release.

READ ALSO: Rigathi Gachagua Criticises Ruto Over Spending as Fuel Crisis Sparks Public Outcry

At the same time, the National Police Service denied reports claiming police had prepared Dishon Angoya for arraignment in court. Police spokesperson Muchiri Nyaga said the service handles disciplinary matters internally and confirmed that authorities had not processed the officer for a court appearance.

Police had earlier accused OCS Dishon Angoya of abuse of office after he allegedly released suspects arrested during violent protests linked to the nationwide fuel strike.